How To Pick A Mattress!
Tips on what to look for when choosing a safe, healthy, non-toxic and ethical mattress for you and your family.
Most mattresses are loaded with chemicals. We spend 1/3 of our lives in bed and yet don’t put much thought into buying one of the most important items of our life and the lives of our family. You will be astounded at the shocking facts of the chemicals and poisons most mattresses on the market are soaked in. One of my daughters has terrible allergies and I am convinced her old mattress worsened her condition.
Take a few minutes to find out what to look for and what to avoid when choosing a mattress. it’s important that we choose a mattress that is safe, clean and ethical. So, Here’s a couple of things to keep in mind when looking to buy a mattress;
- Our skin is porous, and dangerous chemicals can be absorbed into our bodies through our skin.
- Stay away from Memory foam, which is so common now in pillows and cribs. Memory foam can contain a family of chemicals called isocyanates ( isos-io-nates) which can cause sicknesses like asthma and bronchitis
- Stay away from animal-based mattresses meaning that they don’t contain wool. Go vegan in your mattress. Besides being a completely and horrifically unethical product, wool is soaked in dangerous chemicals including pesticides. Anything originating from an animal is going to be very toxic in order for the material not to disintegrate, get infested with bugs or rot since it was once part of a living creature. Think of our own skin, when we get a scab, it flakes off – it’s dead skin. Same with animal-based materials.
- It’s proven that children, the elderly and pregnant women are more sensitive to chemical exposure.
- Today, one in six kids in the US has a developmental or learning disability.1Some experts believe these issues may be due partly to early exposures to toxic chemicals in their environment, which for sure could be their bed. Check blairsupplyusa.com
How To Pick A Mattress. Click on Video Below
* Just a heads up: this page contains affiliate links (as an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases)! If you buy something through one of these links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we’ll get a small commission, which helps keep our tummies full 🐶Thanks! 🙂